Business Development Specialist
As Business Development Specialist, you will provide overall support to Sales through a variety of responsibilities related to the identification of the Company’s current and future client base, and client relationship management. Specific tasks include meeting with potential new clients, lead generation, and relationship building. Internal responsibilities include management of the CRM program.
- Sales calls, customer meetings, presentations and demonstrations conducted in pursuit of new and repeat business from prospective and existing clients.
- Account Management activities of assigned and newly-generated clients.
- Respond swiftly and courteously to client inquiries or prospective client inquires.
- Assist Sales Leadership with building of a consistent ‘pipeline’ that enables meeting and exceeding quota attainment.
- Participate in lead generation and lead management activities in close collaboration with marketing and sales leadership
- Potential for attending conference seminars and other related networking events when required.
- Ability and experience traveling nationally.
- Aid team with follow-ups to shows and events.
- Assist Sales Director with client prospecting functions.
- Manage logistics related to client functions and entertainment.
- Synchronize team efforts with internal departments to execute projects effectively.
- Contribute to the creation of client presentations and reports.
- Coordinate with Sales Director regarding maintenance of the CRM database. Responsibilities include updating contact information and deal statuses.
- Handle special projects and tasks, as directed.
- Assist with vendor selection and relationship maintenance.
Position Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in either business, sales, communications, or related discipline.
- Three to five years of work experience in a related position is required.
- Prior experience in a professional office environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Sales Force/CRM experience is a must for this position.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.